Monday, April 22, 2013

Part 2!

      So after the overwhelming feeling that this was finally the one I've been searching for, our story took off. We couldn't stand being away from each other. He lived about a hour away, was working full time and going to school full time. It was hard to see each other, but being apart was even harder. So we spent alot of time and money traveling back and forth. Sometimes we'd meet in a town in between, to lessen the the time we had to be apart. One snowy night we decided to do just that. It was mid-week and since we both had busy schedules, and things to do early the next morning, we decided to meet in the middle. I remember sitting in my car waiting for him. As he pulled up the butterflies in my stomach went crazy! I was crazy! Crazy about that boy who had fully stole my heart.

     We went out to a delightful dinner, and had the most amazing time. Everything just clicked with us. The food was amazing, they sat us in a cozy dining room with the fire roaring, as the snow outside gently fell. The tiny twinkling lights that adorned the street outside just added to the perfect night (though in April, the big fat snowflakes, were NOT welcome)! After finishing one of the best meals of my life, we trekked outside to the truck. We still had a little time before my coach turned into a pumpkin, so we stopped at a near by gas station, grabbed two piping hot, hot chocolates, and headed up the mountain. Once we got to the top, we parked the truck, and looked down on to the twinkling lights of the city. Everything was still, silent, perfect. We turned on some of our favorite tunes, and I snuggled up to him. Taking in the beautiful sight of both the town and the man of my dreams.

       It wasn't long til we had to head back. We both needed to get home, and my babysitter had school the next morning. We decided to stop one more time, in the parking lot of the Idaho Falls Temple. The Temple was glowing in all its glory, and the feelings I had had at the beginning of our relationship were only intensified. This is where, one day, I knew I would marry for time and all eternity, my best friend! The feeling of peace, and understanding filled both of us. Both not needing to say a word, cause we felt the exact same. After a few minutes, we headed back to my car. To end our perfect evening together. What was to come next, was completely a surprise to me, and nothing in the world could of been better.

      As we pulled up next to my car, I looked into his eyes and he was giving me this completely astounding look. I didn't know why and as I opened my mouth to ask, he blurted out... "I can't let you go, just yet. There's something I need to tell you." I was kinda shocked and a little unprepared but knowing I trusted him completely, I answered slowly... " ok, what is it?". He put the truck in drive, and pulled out of the parking lot. Now it was a Wednesday night, it was snowing, so not many people were out and about. The quiet streets, now blanketed in snow, were empty. He took off down them and started talking.... "I know we haven't been together very long, and I know this is going to sound crazy. But I can't get you out of my head....." As we drove he talked. He let his feelings all come out. He told me how he felt, how he'd gone over it again and again, to make sure his feelings were real and not just the excitement that comes from the start of a new relationship.

     What he said next I'll never forget.... he almost drove off the road when he looked down at me and said... "All I know, is that I love you. I LOVE YOU!!" My heart did a complete flip and my smile reached my eyes. I had been longing to hear those words, and though at that time, I couldn't say anything. If I could of, I would of said "I love you, I loved you since the first date we went on. I love the way you tease, the way you laugh, the way you make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. I love the way I fit perfectly in your arms, the way you smell, the way you drop everything and anything to go dirt biking or fishing. I love the way you not only think about here and now, but how you think beyond our earthly lives. I want you, all of you, forever!" Those words did not come out of my mouth. But my heart said them. He knew!

      After that oh so perfect evening, things really took off. It wasn't long before we were both taking each other home to meet our families. My girls, immediately loved him. My extended family did too!! We spent long weekends doing exciting things. Trips to Utah, Jackson and Boise. Camping trips, fishing trips, Sunday drives, lots and lots of dates, family reunions together.... and before you can even blink.... a little under 2 months from our first date.... we were engaged! We didn't want to waste anytime!

     I guess the saying is true. "Once you find the one you want to spend eternity with, you want eternity to start as soon as possible"!

No comments:

Post a Comment